Header Picture

View From the Trail to Mount Colvin

My Readers

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

A Drive Around Port Aransas

Location: Port Aransas, TX (High 44, Low 32)

IMG_1524

Yesterday was another one of those cold and windy days that we have become all too familiar with this winter. For the most part, we just stayed put in our nice cozy chairs. But later in the afternoon, we decided to take a little drive around town and get our bearings.

 

IMG_1525

Our first stop was at a place that I discovered when I did some research online a few weeks ago.

IMG_1529

 

 

 

One of the first things I do when we are heading to a new area is try to find a place to do our training runs, and I was happy to find a really good candidate – the Community Park in Port Aransas. It was way too cold yesterday to actually check out the trail, but we’ll be back!

 

My first impression of Port Aransas is that I am going to enjoy this area more than Galveston. It just feels smaller and more beachy to me.

IMG_1536

 

- - - - Port Aransas

 

IMG_1048

 

 

 

 

Galveston - - - -

 

 

 

Unfortunately the gray sky is pretty similar. But we do have some sunny days coming up if you can believe the forecast. Smile

IMG_1547

 

 

We also found the beach. How would you like this boondocking spot?

 

IMG_1552

 

 

We sat there for a few minutes and watched the ship go past.

 

 

After our little drive about town, we decided it was time to head back home. We are looking forward to exploring the area further when the weather improves.

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness would I LOOOOVE to camp out on the beach like that!!!

    ReplyDelete