Header Picture

View From the Trail to Mount Colvin

My Readers

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Enjoying Being Settled

Location: Catskill, NY (High 40, Low 28)

IMG_2129

 

After two nice warm days, the reality of April in NY has sunk back in after a cold day of rain yesterday and then waking up to this sight this morning…

 

IMG_2130

I have to admit, I really don’t mind though. I am very happy to be home and having time to catch up with my sister in person. I’ve spent some time this week at her business helping her with some organizational tasks, and of course, chatting!

 

For the first time in quite a while, I have been able to unpack my pictures and knick-knacks and set them up in our living area. Our place is looking very homey. We haven’t gotten the grill and our other outside stuff yet though – with that big rain/wind event coming through yesterday, we thought it would make more sense to wait until that had passed.

IMG_2127

 

On Monday night we enjoyed another homecoming tradition – our second annual “time to enjoy some NY pizza and wings” event. Yum.

 

 

Harry and I have already been able to go for a couple runs with my sister, and this Saturday we are looking forward to our first running event of the year – a 4 mile run in Albany. I am really looking forward to seeing how this race goes compared to the half marathon I did last August.

It’s been a great first week at our summer home base. Smile

2 comments:

  1. VT got so snow too, I had been wondering how you made out, hope this is all done before we get there. Enjoy your running event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope that spring comes soon to the northeast! Crazy weather. Nothing like pizza in NY (or PA for that matter). Good luck on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete