Header Picture

View From the Trail to Mount Colvin

My Readers

Sunday, May 18, 2014

NYC Fun

Location: Catskill, NY (High 64, Low 41)

IMG_2345

One of the events for this spring that I’ve been looking forward to was accompanying my niece Hannah on her 4th grade class trip to NY City. This past Friday was the big day! We started out at the Amtrak Train Station in Hudson, NY.

IMG_2350

 

 

Selfie on the train!

 

 

 

I’ve been to the city several times, but this trip did include one big first – riding on the subway! I was glad that Hannah’s teacher knew her way around.

IMG_2365

 

Our first stop was at the American Museum of Natural History. My favorite part was the floor with all the dinosaurs!

 

IMG_2370

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_2385

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_2401

 

Our next stop was Times Square!

 

IMG_2411

 

 

 

 

IMG_2413

 

 

We were so lucky because it was supposed to rain most of the day, but it actually only ended up raining occasionally.

 

 

IMG_2427We made a quick stop at Toys r Us so the kids could do a little power shopping, and then it was on to The Art of the Brick.

IMG_2440

 

 

 

 

IMG_2446

 

 

I can barely make something out of Legos when I’m using instructions!! IMG_2433

 

 

 

 

Pretty awesome!

 

 

IMG_2461

 

After dinner at a family style Italian restaurant…

 

 

IMG_2468

 

…we walked to Penn Station to catch the train back to Hudson.

 

 

 

It was a really long day, but a lot of fun. I wouldn’t like to live in New York City, but it’s a great place to visit!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you all had a great day especially Hannah. Good for you and Harry for going along with her.

    And, thanks for the tour and pics. I love visiting NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing class trip!!! Glad you were able to go and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete