Header Picture

View From the Trail to Mount Colvin

My Readers

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Three Weeks Left

Location: Louisville, KY (High 45, Low 39)

We have now made it through Black Friday and Cyber Monday! Black Friday seemed pretty low key to me. Over in gift wrap where we were, the work was coming in very slowly, and by midday they shut down the line that Harry and I were both working on and moved us over to packing for the rest of the day.

Yesterday was the opposite. The work trickled in kind of slowly throughout the morning and after lunch, it was like someone flipped a switch and all of a sudden the gift wrap orders started flooding in. It was great to be busy. The day went by SO fast. Working in packing is very different from receiving. To me, there is more of a connection with the customer. I like the idea that I am sending out gifts for people, and it is a very different feeling to me than just stocking random merchandise. On a related note, I never realized how many people just write “enjoy your gift” for their gift message.

I think probably my biggest dislike about this work schedule is that our body clocks have been so messed up. Even on days off, I’ve been waking up at 3:30 or 4 am. So I didn’t have much hope for a good night’s sleep when we headed to bed last night. I was pleasantly surprised though. I did wake up at 4, but I put the news on, and fell back asleep until about 6:30. Oh so nice. I feel very refreshed this morning.

We have today to rest up and then tomorrow we start our first five days in a row of 11 hour days. We are heading down the marathon home stretch! Three weeks from today is the 23rd and our official “no matter what” release date! We are almost there.

4 comments:

  1. I'm not ready for Christmas to be so close but I know you are. Glad you were able to get some sleep. Sleep is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will seem like its over almost before it began... In a blink of an eye, you might not even remember Louisville...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're still in gift wrap too, but George is water spider, and I'm in rebox. Only 2 of us do that, so it can get crazy, sort of Lucy and the line of chocolates crazy :) Amazing how many boxes Amazon wastes! Can't believe it's only 3 weeks left!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 11 hour days. Just the sound of that exhausts me.

    ReplyDelete