Header Picture

View From the Trail to Mount Colvin

My Readers

Monday, February 6, 2017

Monday again!

Location: Avon Park, FL

When I used to work, I hated the Monday after the Super Bowl. It was never fun to get up early and go to work after staying up late for the game the night before. Now, of course, oh well…just get up a little later. Can you believe that end? I just had a feeling, even into the third quarter, that the Patriots weren’t done yet. I’m not a Pats fan, and since my Giants weren’t in it, I wasn’t overly invested in the victor, but I was rooting for Atlanta to pull it out. Oh well.

The one big downside to getting up late was heading out for my run later. Whew! I didn’t even get started until almost 9:30. The sun was high in the sky and it must have been in the mid 70s already, but I did get my five miles in. Hot, hot, hot. On days like this, I really need to try and get out earlier.

I just got lasagna going in the crockpot, which is outside on a table. No point heating up the inside more than it will heat up already. We haven’t even turned on the air yet, which has been good for the electric bill. Last month it was $52. I wouldn’t mind a few more months like that. I was excited a few days ago when I realized that we won’t be paying electric bills anymore this year after we leave Avon Park in April since we don’t have any other month long stays planned for 2017.

I noticed a couple questions in the comments so I’ll be answering those in a post sometime this week. Have to look back since I don’t want to miss any. Also, thanks for all the comments from people who have said they are glad I’m back to blogging. I appreciate them, and I’m glad to be back.

1 comment:

  1. That was a Super Bowl to remember!!! Our son was rooting for New England but Mike and I were pulling for the Falcons...after all our home was in Georgia. Experience won!!

    ReplyDelete